Why Outsource Your IT
Discover how you can improve IT effectiveness
Are you or your staff spending too much time with IT issues and not enough time on making the business successful? Even worse, are you missing the chance to get the most out of your IT investment, but just applying Band-Aids® when you have the time?
These are signs that you should re-think the way you manage your IT and consider
- Your business isn’t current with technologies, security monitoring, and IT skillsets.
- You don’t have tested backups which occur routinely and are monitored, and you have no business continuity planning. Data loss may happen from hardware failure (39.3%), human error (29.5%), software corruption (13.1%), theft (8.2%), computer viruses (6.6%), or on-site disaster (3.3%). You could be out of business after losing your data.
- You cannot afford or justify hiring a 24×7 IT team.
Your business environment is constantly evolving. These are common situations that affect your IT environment and often lead to outsourcing due to lack of internal skills or resources to deploy appropriate solutions:
- Aging infrastructure needs to change
- Moving or relocating
- Demands from customers require an increased level of service
- Changing scope of business operations due to merger, partnership, or acquisition
- Maintaining older technology is impacting revenue and profitability growth
- Expanding into new markets